3D printing is a surprisingly complex activity involving sophisticated hardware, software, and brainpower. These blog pages reflect my own experiences starting from scratch with 3D printing – I quickly realized that it was a much more complex undertaking than I had expected, and that has continued to this day.
After visiting numerous Internet forms related to 3D printing, and making numerous posts on several of them, I decided to try my own blog with the intent to demystify some of the more obscure aspects of 3D printing, and also to provide a forum for pertinent discussions. My hope is that this will encourage others to get started with 3D printing, and also that it will help others benefit from what I have learned and avoid some of the problems I encountered.
Possible future pages in this blog are
- Pros & Cons of Delta style printers vs Cartesion style printers
- Why I chose to use design software based on Parametric modeling techniques
- What are Naked Edges and how to eliminate them
- What is my overall design/preview/print workflow methodology
- Why I choose the Plic3r slicer as my slicer of choice
- How to do 2-color printing
If you have comments or suggestions about these or any other blog topics please post them on the “Post Blog Comments Here” page.
Here is the featured STL file of the week:
You can download the STL file by clicking this link.
Last Update: 09 May 2017